The 5-Stand game offers moving targets that have more variable speeds and directions than in either trap or skeet. Instead of the targets thrown from standardized distances and angles, sporting clays courses are designed to simulate hunting for ducks, pheasants, upland birds or even rabbits! Hunters can practice their skill in any season on the Okeechobee Shooting Sports range. We’re here year round.
FIVE SEPARATE SHOOTING POSITIONS
ACCURACY AND TARGET ASSESSMENT CHALLENGE
OKSS HAS THE MOST 5-STAND FIELDS IN FLORIDA
$9.75 PER ROUND OF 25 TARGETS
THE 5-STAND FIELD
Okeechobee Shooting Sports offers five different 5-Stand fields- more than any other range or gun club in Florida. No 5-Stands are exactly alike. The 5-Stand game is an abbreviated course of sporting clays shot in 25 target games rather than the 100 target games as in traditional sporting clays. This allows you to stay with your shooting buddies instead of moving around in different squads. You can drive your vehicle right up to the fields and avoid having to rent a golf cart or tow your gear across the range. When you are done, you are welcome to remain on a particular 5-Stand field to practice the shots that challenge your skill. Grab your shotgun and come on out.
We offer monthly tournaments for those who want to heat up the competition and compare scores.
RULES: 5-STAND FIELDS
- No moving from one shooting position to another with a loaded firearm.
- Only load at the shooting position, DO NOT load your firearm behind other shooters!
- Notify the Range Safety Officer if you wish to use shot shells larger than 7.5 shot sizes, such as hunting loads. This can only be done in certain areas.
- Abide by the General Range Rules of Okeechobee Shooting Sports facility
Interested in learning more about Clays Instruction courses? Call us at the Pro-shop for more information.
See you on the field!
WHERE TO BEGIN
Upon arrival, go to the Pro-Shop to register and get your field assignments. If you are a beginner or want to sharpen your skills, register for the Clays Instruction Class.
Be sure you are ready for the field with the following:
- Shotgun – Most any gauge or type that fires at least two shells and has a stock is acceptable
- Ammunition – Bring at least one box of 25 shells or purchase them at our Pro-Shop
- Shell holder – Pick up a holder to allow for easy movement around the field
- Ear Plugs – MANDATORY
- Eye Protection – MANDATORY
- Electronic Waiver – If you have not filled out the electronic waiver after Jan, 1, 2016, save time by doing so here.
Reservations not mandatory but ensure we have your spot waiting for you.